SUCCESS FACTORY’S PUBLIC COACHES TRAINING
WHAT IS COACHING?
Coaching is a partnership between a coach and an individual or team that supports the achievement of extraordinary results, based on goals set by the individual or team. Through the process of coaching, individuals focus on the skills and actions needed to successfully produce their personally relevant results.
The individual or team chooses the focus of conversation, while the coach listens and contributes observations and questions as well as concepts and principles which can assist in generating possibilities and identifying actions. Through the coaching process the clarity that is needed to support the most effective actions is achieved. Coaching accelerates the individual’s progress by providing greater focus and awareness of possibilities leading to more effective choices. Coaching concentrates on where individuals are now and what they are willing to do to get where they want to be in the future.
HOW WOULD YOU KNOW WHETHER COACHING IS FOR YOU?
- You want to help people to become ‘unstuck’
- Others come to you with their problems;
- You’ve been through tough times in your life and want to help others who are going through similar experiences;
- You want to live an exceptional life;
- You are a good listener;
- You have been coaching people your whole life – you just didn’t have a name for it;
- You love learning about people and their behaviour.
THE ROLE OF THE COACH:
- To engage the client in conversation utilising specific communications skills and questioning techniques to lead the client to answers, new possibilities, resolutions, decisions and insights;
- To provide objective assessment and observations that foster the individual’s or team members’ enhanced self-awareness and awareness of others; practice astute listening in order to garner a full understanding of the individual’s or team’s circumstances;
- Be a sounding board in support of possibility thinking and thoughtful planning and decision making;
- Identify and champion opportunities and potential;
- Encourage, stretch, challenge and commensurate with personal strengths and aspirations;
- Foster the shifts in thinking that reveal fresh perspectives;
- Challenge blind spots in order to illuminate new possibilities;
- Support the creation of alternative scenarios;
- Maintains professional boundaries in the coaching relationship, including
- confidentiality, and adheres to the coaching profession’s code of ethics.
COURSE OUTLINE AND SPECIFIC OUTCOMES
- Self-reflection (Emotional intelligence begins with the willingness to introspect and learn more about our fundamental nature, purpose and essence. It is an opportunity to be truthful about our behaviour and to examine our own ‘dark side’ and to reflect on and to reconsider the way we communicate and interact with others);
- Coaching Definitions (Ability to explain the concept of coaching.)
- Differentiate between coaching, teaching, training, mentoring, counselling and/or therapy (Ability to differentiate between all the disciplines.)
- Meeting Ethical Guidelines and Professional Standards – (Understanding of coaching ethics and standards and ability to apply them appropriately in all coaching situations.)
- The Role of A Coach (Ability to describe the role of a coach in detail.)
- Attributes and Characteristics of A Good Coach (Ability to describe and demonstrate the character and personality traits of a good coach.)
- Coaching Process (Ability to describe and demonstrate the coaching process and process and stages of a coaching session.)
- Matching Coaches and Clients (Ability to match coaches and clients in such a way that they form a trusting, respectful relationship that will ensure the best possible outcomes.)
- Coaching Agreement (Ability to identify needs and expectations of all parties concerned and to reach an agreement concerning expected outcomes.)
- Coaching Environment (Ability to establish a safe, comfortable environment conducive for effective coaching sessions.)
- Establishing trust and building rapport (Ability to create a safe, supportive environment that produces ongoing mutual respect and trust.)
- Coaching Presence (Ability to be fully conscious and create spontaneous relationship with the client, employing a style that is open, flexible and confident.)
- Creating Boundaries (Ability to establish a good trusting relationship with the client within the confines of clearly defined boundaries.)
- Conducting Coaching Sessions (Ability to manage coaching sessions in clearly defined stages conducive to the achievement of specific agreed upon outcomes.)
- Assessments (Ability to identify the need for coaching through discussion with client or team to be coached and to identify developmental areas; psychodynamic factors which impact lifestyle and/or performance.)
- Selection of first line manager for a specific position. (The ability to select the right candidate for a first line manager’s position.)
- Communicating effectively (Ability to focus completely on what the client is saying and is not saying, to understand the meaning of what is said in the context of the client’s desires, and to support client’s self-expression.)
- Powerful Questioning (Ability to ask questions that reveal the information needed for maximum benefit to the coaching relationship and the client.)
- Human Behaviour (Ability to understand intent, sabotaging behaviours and procrastination; uncover beliefs; identify emotions and to engage the client to gain insight in order to change limiting beliefs in order to develop high performance behaviours.)
- Performance Enhancement (Ability to assess the client’s performance in order to help the client identify then to overcome obstacles and to put goals in place which will enhance the client’s performance.)
- Managing Diversity (Ability to manage the wide range of variation in the qualities or attributes under discussion.)
- Facilitating learning and results (Ability to integrate and accurately evaluate multiple sources of information, and to make interpretations that help the client to gain awareness and thereby achieve agreed-upon outcomes.)
- Learning Styles (Ability to identify and utilise the client’s preferred method and style of learning in order for the client to achieve the best possible outcomes.)
- Creating Awareness (Ability to integrate and accurately evaluate multiple sources of information, and to make interpretations that help the client to gain awareness and thereby achieve agreed-upon results.)
- Designing Actions (Ability to help the client to create opportunities for ongoing learning, during coaching and in work/life situations, and for taking new actions that will most effectively lead to agreed-upon coaching outcomes.)
- Planning and Goal Setting (Ability to develop and maintain an effective coaching plan with the client.)
- Managing Progress and Accountability (Ability to hold attention on what is important for the client, and to leave responsibility with the client to take action.)
- Measuring Coaching Results (Ability to develop and use measuring tools in order to accurately measure outputs / outcomes of coaching.)
- Marketing and Self-Branding (Ability to write a marketing strategy for self and coaching practice and to identify and assess product positioning.)
- Coaching Teens and Young Adults (Ability to understand family dynamics and to facilitate change within the family to ensure higher performance and improved relationships for the teen.)
COACHING IS ABOUT LIFE, EXECUTIVE AND BUSINESS COACHING AND MENTORING.
Executive and Business Coaching and mentoring is about working with individuals on organisational structure, issues and challenges. As an Executive or Business Coach you work with individuals to develop high performance behaviours to achieve their own and the organisation’s full potential.
AREAS OF CLIENT’S DEVELOPMENT
Success Factory’s coaching is holistic. In other words the coach needs to assess and help their clients to grow and develop in all areas of their lives:
- Career / Business
- Financial (Budgeting and spending)
- Physical / Health
- Home / Environment
- Spiritual / Ethical
- Cultural (Sometimes people need to re-connect with their roots)
- Quality Of Relationships
- Mental / Educational
- Emotional intelligence.
Coaching also addresses:
- Organisational development/change; processes; systems; principles; staff issues; business practices; problematic workplace situations such as meetings; presentations; confrontations; quality of relationships etc.
- Client works on understanding and improving behaviour patterns.
- Leadership; communication; interaction; relationships; competence; productivity etc.
- Client discovers what is truly important for self and the organisation.
- Client takes profound actions to become and remain authentic.
- Be trained by Elsabé Manning
- Do real coaching for the week and be coached yourself
- Set real personal goals and objectives
- Be motivated to get started as soon as possible
- Have all the skills and tools as set out above
- Uncover your own life’s purpose
- Learn how to set up and market your coaching practice
- Receive on-going post-training support (free of charge) from Elsabé in building your coaching practice
- Receive a certificate for accreditation purposes.
SUCCESS FACTORY’S TRAINING METHODOLOGY
Our coaches training is experiential. In other words there are no role-plays – all coaching that takes place during training is real. You will coach and be coached for the week. You will write your own coaching plan with real goals. This methodology is very uplifting and motivating!
DURATION AND TIMES OF COACHES TRAINING
5 full days. 08h30 to 16h00 daily.