ELSABÉ MANNING designs and facilitates Team Re-Building workshops with great success.
What constitutes a team? How do you recognise and create one? Frequently people misconstrue a group of people for a team. A group is simply that – a group of people. A team on the other hand is defined as a group of individuals assembled and organised, formally or informally, to work together to achieve some shared objective.
A real team is a group of committed individuals working together towards clearly defined goals, and a common vision, in an atmosphere of mutual trust, truth, care and support for each other and a willingness to take specific action.
This workshop will help individuals to identify their roles and responsibilities; create common values and clarify the changes each member has to make in order to work together toward their [written down] common goals. They will also commit to communicating more effectively with each other.
Teams develop at different rates and with unique patterns that depend on the task, the setting, the members’ individual characteristics and behavioural patterns and the style of leadership to which they are exposed. Characteristics of groups include structure, status hierarchy, roles, norms, leadership, cohesiveness and inter-group conflict. These characteristics pervade all groups. In an informal group, they emerge from within the unit; in a formal group, they are established by the managerial process.
Team Dynamics are the unseen forces that influences and drives team reactions, behaviours and performance. The effects of team dynamics can be very complex. For example in a team of six people working together, there may be two people who have a particularly strong friendship. This friendship is a ‘natural force’ that may have a dynamic influence on the rest of the team and can be manifest in various ways – either positively or negatively.
This workshop will be designed specifically for your team and their unique needs.
TEAM RE-BUILDING PROCESS
- We conduct a thorough evaluation on the team before the Team Re-Building to uncover issues and team dynamics. This can be done in a short period of time and doesn’t need to be a drawn-out process.
- All our Team Re-Building workshops are designed for maximum impact; team and organisational effectiveness and mostly focused on relationships.
- Our Team Re-Buildings produce sustainable results. Once team members truly understand the consequences of their behaviour, deep insight and change in behaviour result.
- Elsabé Manning personally conducts all the highly confidential Team Re-Building workshops. She studied team dynamics and has many years’ experience in creating individual and team paradigm shifts.
- Elsabé conducts Team Re-Building workshops with great success from foundation to Board level.
Please note that each workshop will be tailored to suit your team’s specific needs.
Team members will…
- Understand Emotional Intelligence principles and their own and others’ behaviour better.
- Discuss issues respectfully and openly.
- Desire and commit to working together as an effective team.
- Identify individuals’ and teams’ strengths and weaknesses and put appropriate measures in place.
- Learn and commit to communicate more openly and with more integrity.
- Define roles and responsibilities (if necessary.)
- Clarify expectations.
- Identify common values, goals and objectives.
- Start to listen to each other. Most people listen to reply instead of listening to understand.
- Learn how to prevent and resolve conflict in an appropriate manner.
- Learn about and commit to provide effective feedback.
- Discuss and commit to building trusting, respectful, co-operative relationships with each other.
A Team Re-Building workshop should ideally be conducted over two days, beginning with a one-day emotional intelligence course and then the Team Re-Building on the second day.